What we do
Pipeorgans of all sizes
The reputation of the Van den Heuvel Orgelbouw Company is established world-wide. Famous are huge 32’ organ installations in France, Germany, The Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland.
But the Van den Heuvel staff, organ designers, builders, voicers and tuners do not only consider large church and concert organs as fully valid music instruments: they plan, build, restore and maintain the smaller pipe organs with the same utmost care!
6 stops restauration, 6 stops 5 stops
Small Church Organs, Choir Organs, Practice Organs, Residence Organs etc. are an important field of the production too and also have an excellent reputation.
17 stops 11 stops 9 stops
Each pipe organ built in the Van den Heuvel ateliers is made individually and adjusted to the very special demands of the customer. Many circumstances are taken into consideration:
- The design of the church, hall or room
- The measures of the church, hall or room
- The integration of the organ in the church, hall or room (sympathetic architectural design, colour and texture)
- The sound and technical characteristics considering the wishes of organists, organ expert(s) and last but not least, the principal
- The specific (liturgical) features and demands are a very important point of departure
- The (room)acoustics and the (optimal)location for the organ
- The financial possibilities of the principal
In the assembly hall: building small (24 stops) and large (51 stops) organs.
In the area of artistic organ design and handcraftsmanship Van den Heuvel Orgelbouw offer you the finest. Every part of an instrument can be analysed, touched and heard with equal admiration for material, workmanship and exquisite tonal beauty. Each instrument is a product of the dedicated learned and disciplined spirit.
Workshop buildings and small assembly hall The big assembly hall
There are different possibilities for you to let us elaborate an individual pipe organ design to your specific wishes:
- Call us by phone (international + 31 78 6 17 95 40) and make a date with us. So we will visit the planned organ site in order to take measures and investigate the circumstances as described above. You will understand that the customer must pay any flight and hotel costs: but these costs will be deducted from the contracted sum if the organ will be ordered.
- Send us a fax (international + 31 78 6 18 12 28) and we will contact you.
- Write us a letter:
Jan L. VAN DEN HEUVEL ORGELBOUW BV
attn. Jan & Peter van den Heuvel
NL-3316 BB Dordrecht
and we will contact you.
Maintenance and Tuning
After the building or restoration of a pipe organ we offer to help, as we see customer relations as extremely important. Objective, clear advice and perfect maintenance of organs, built or restored by us (or by one of our colleagues!), is a must whereby we always have the intention to prevent the customer for financial, unexpected hitches.
Besides Van den Heuvel organs we maintain and overhauled many organs built by well known colleagues:
We use to offer our (regular) customers a very interesting tuning and maintenance contract whereby discount on labour costs is related to the number of agreed general tuning services.
Normally it is enough to do a main tuning service once every two or three year. An interim tuning and eventual technical maintenance of course can be ordered between. As usual the Van den Heuvel staff, tuners and technicians will do their utmost to do all works considering your wishes concerning special concert dates!
An organ should be cleaned each 15 or 20 years. The frequency however depends on the dust and other circumstances at the organ site. For cleaning of the organ, we remove all pipes in order to clean the technical parts at the interior and exterior. After re-installation in the organ, the voicing of all pipes will be optimised.
If you have any wishes or questions concerning tuning, re-voicing, technical maintenance, or cleaning of your pipe organ, please contact Peter A. van den Heuvel.
will be glad to advice and serve you!